Updated May 2018
CV Tips and Tricks fully respects your rights to privacy and are committed to strict adherence to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which become fully effective on 25 May 2018 as well as the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who We Are and What We Do
We are an Irish Owned CV Writing Business established in 2016 based in Sligo Town. This Data Privacy Notice is primarily directed to individuals who wish to avail of our services in improving their CV, gaining Interview Techniques, updating LinkedIn Profiles or requesting Formatting / Editing services.
This Data Privacy Statement sets out how CV Tips and Tricks uses and processes any information received during the CV writing process, cv review or e-book download. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This Data Privacy Statement explains how we collect, transfer, process and use your data and sets out our security practices.
What we Collect
We collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have provided us with the information during the CV writing process. This PII may include your name, address, private and corporate email address, phone number, your qualifications and experience. We also collect any social media information, including LinkedIn profiles, should you wish to disclose them.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so
Any personal information provided during the process is treated with the highest standards of confidentiality and security, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
CV Tips and Tricks collects and uses your personal information (PI) to send follow-up emails asking to leave reviews or updates on service offers only available for cv review or e-book downloads. Your information may also be used to send marketing materials (newsletters), where you can unsubscribe at any time.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is that you have explicitly given your consent to us. This consent can be given at the time of initially seeking our services or having read the company’s Data Privacy Statement providing consent to our continuing use of the personal data you have supplied us. If you would like your data to be removed, please email email@example.com.
Subject to other applicable legal requirements, we intend to hold your personal data for 6 years from the date you have given consent or from the date that you availed of our services. This retention period is based on our experience that, having engaged with us on various service options, individuals are open to considering additional assistance within this time-frame. Each individual has the right to withdraw their consent and have their personal information erased at any time.
- Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to Erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018
- Right of Portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
- Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
All of the above requests can be directed to CV Tips and Tricks to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority:
Data Protection Commissioner: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland. Phone +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Fax +353 57 868 4757 | email email@example.com
Website Usage Information
We also automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, through Google Analytics, pages you’ve visited and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website so that we can improve them and the services we offer. These analytics do not typically identify individual users. This information includes:
- The total number of visits to our website
- The number of visitors to each page of our website
How we protect your PII
CV Tips and Tricks will take appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect your personal information. As we collect your data via email (when an attachment is sent to us for CV review or CV writing services), we cannot guarantee complete security of this information as the Internet or mobile phone network connections are not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur during transmission, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your data.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites. This Data Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- How these websites treat your PII
- The content of such websites
- The use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering / submitting any PII.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are material, we also may post a notice regarding the changes on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the PII we collect.
You may also review our Terms and Conditions of using the website and purchasing our services via our website.
Any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org